Only thirteen days until the premiere of the 5th Wave! So let’s prepare ourselves with some series in which the world has changed more than a bit and you must struggle to survive.
1. The Walking Dead – Yes of course! This show has become one of the most viewed and anticipated series over the last 5 years. Sheriff Rick Grimes got shot by a criminal and got shot, which leads to him going in to a coma. When he wakes up, there is no one around. The hospital is deserted and slowly he realises that zombies has overrun the city and tries to survive the extreme circumstances with a group of survivors. With complicated relationships and an enemy around every corner this show stays exciting and thrilling. A real must-see!
2. The 100 – Maybe the most apocalyptic series on this list. Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship called the Ark with humanity’s lone survivors survives and sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to test if humanity can return to her home planet. Definitely a great preparation for the 5th Wave!
3. Terra Nova – In the 22nd century, earth has gone up in to flames for environmental reasons. A new project called “Terra Nova” was created to try and re-establish colonization in prehistoric times, and a family that broke the law for having three children escape to the Terra Nova to restart their lives. A very interesting setting, because we all know what kind of creatures ruled those thousands of years ago..
4. Last Man on Earth – The funny one on this list, the story takes place at almost 2 years after a virus wiped out most of the human race, Phil Miller only wishes for some company, but he realises soon that he isn’t used to so much company. The humour is a little dark, but hey, if humanity is extinct you can’t expect to joke very happily.. 😛
5. Falling Skies – The chaotic aftermath of an alien attack has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have come together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an uprise against the occupying alien force. Sounds a lot like the 5th Wave, only this is more science-fiction like. See it as Men in Black x The Walking Dead!